Photo By AzmanL at istock
When the plumbing in your home goes horribly wrong, you want to get help fast and not worry about getting ripped off or hiring someone who is not up to the job. Let’s face it, as a homeowner you just don’t need that kind of stress. If you’re in the greater Jacksonville, FL area and your toilet blows up, or your walls spring a leak, the emergency plumbers at Bert Norman’s Plumbing have got your back.
What Can Go Wrong with Plumbing?
Just about anything can go wrong with an intricate household system such as plumbing. Failures can occur at any junction where the pipe meets fitting or joint. And there are a number of emergency problems that can crop up over time and use. When those inconvenient plumbing issues arise, make sure you have a reliable and experienced emergency plumber on speed dial.
- Clogs and Blockages can destroy the efficiency and free flow of drains and pipes throughout the home. Clogs can occur over time with the build-up of insoluble materials such as hair, grease, paper products or food debris. Or, they can happen suddenly when something gets flushed that shouldn’t have been.
- A toilet that is continually running is wasting water. This may be caused by parts failure – a dysfunctional flush valve, a corroded handle or a leaking fill valve. Some of these problems are quite easy to fix, but if your toilet continues to run after minor fiddling, you probably need to call in a plumbing repair service expert. A constantly running toilet can cost you big time when your water bill arrives, so don’t put it off.
- Drips and minor leaks and seepages can happen almost anywhere, even behind walls and under floors, where they can silently do damage for a long time before being detected. If your water bill suddenly spikes for no apparent reason, it can be a hint that water is leaking somewhere in your home. An emergency plumber will be able to trace plumbing infrastructure to find the source of the leak, wherever it may originate, and make the repair before it explodes in a catastrophic manner.
- A flood is a catastrophe, no matter what causes it. And a basement full of water is pretty hard to ignore. A plumber to advise on devices like sump pumps and backflow valves that can head off disaster.
- Plumbing fittings such as toilets, sinks, and showerheads are all subject to wear and tear. They can crack or fall apart or simply outlive their functionality leading to larger plumbing dysfunction. Same thing with pipes, hoses, and valves. An emergency plumber will assess what needs replacement and what can possibly be salvaged and repaired. Sure, you can make do with a cracked sink for a while, but even superficial imperfections may also affect the performance of component parts down the line.
What To Do in an Emergency
Stay calm. Turn off the water main. Call in a pro: in the Jacksonville, FL area, that’s Bert Norman’s Plumbing.
DIY vs Hiring a Pro
Going the DIY route is acceptable and economical when it comes to minor household repairs. But plumbing emergencies are different. Calling in an emergency plumber beats DIY every time. Here’s why:
Experience and knowledge trump everything in an emergency. A skilled emergency plumber is trained to understand how the entire plumbing system works and knows how to run diagnostic tests, troubleshoot, and precisely pinpoint the source of the problem. Bert Norman’s Plumbing in Jacksonville, FL supports a team of certified plumbers who can stay cool in a crisis, and fix the problem right the first time. DIY is simply no match for this kind of seasoned knowledge.
A professional emergency plumber always has the right tools for the job and the skill to use them effectively and safely. Whether it’s a plumber’s snake, specialty size wrenches, or video diagnostic equipment, the professional plumbing tool kit is designed specifically for pipes, fixtures, and plumbing equipment. An experienced plumbing repair service professional has access to state-of-the-art knowledge and the collective trade secrets of a regulated industry.
Plumbing repair service can be hazardous. From the gases that circulate in sewer pipes, bacteria-laden standing water, combustibles that fuel pumps and compressors – these things have the potential to harm you and your family, especially if one of you is attempting an ill-starred DIY repair. A professional emergency plumber knows the dangers of the domestic plumbing infrastructure and will work to rigorous safety standards to keep everyone safe.
Working with a professional can save you money in the long run. Some half-baked DIY repairs can result in further damage to domestic infrastructure and the increased costs incurred when an emergency plumber needs to be called in to set things right. Save yourself some money by letting a plumber handle things in an emergency. In the long run, it’s the smart and economical thing to do.
In an emergency, a professional plumber will not only work quickly – they’ll back up their work with certifications and guarantees. If an insurance claim is involved, having a professional do the work to meet all codes and standards makes all the difference. In an emergency, don’t mess around with unlicensed contractors or DIY solutions – contact a certified professional fast.
If you’re in the area and your household is experiencing issues with plumbing, don’t hesitate to give the experts at Bert Norman’s Plumbing in Jacksonville, FL a call. From emergencies such as flooding and sewer backups to less urgent scenarios involving minor clogs and leaks, this professional plumbing repair service provider is on call 24/7 and can get your home’s water and waste infrastructure flowing smoothly again, safely, and quickly.