Photo By LuisPortugal at istock
Toilets can last up to 50 years. However, they may fail if not properly maintained. You can call a plumber to help you fix your toilet problem. In some cases, it may be best to just replace your toilet. Below are the signs it’s time to get a replacement.
Dealing with a clogged toilet is stressful and can be downright unpleasant. They also don’t happen often. If you have recurring toilet clogs, there could be another problem with your plumbing. Consider calling a plumber in Callahan, FL so they can check the toilet.
If your toilet clogs at least once a week, it may be time to replace it. Get a toilet that uses less water than regular toilets so you can save money in the long run. They are a little expensive compared to the regular toilets but they are more efficient. For installation, only work with a licensed plumber in your area.
Lots of Repairs
Do you keep calling a plumber to get your toilet fixed? This isn’t a common problem of toilets – homeowners don’t always get them repaired so if you keep having this problem, it may be time to call a professional for a replacement toilet. You can save money investing in a new one than having to call for frequent repairs as toilet repairs can add up over time.
When you keep calling professionals for toilet repairs, the issue could be that it’s no longer efficient. Get a replacement and preferably a toilet with water-saving features so you can save money. During installation, work only with a licensed plumber to ensure proper installation.
It’s easy to fix a toilet that wobbles. You only need to tighten the bolts and then it’ll be good as new. However, you do need to do it correctly. If you’re not confident with your ability, it’s best to call a professional to help you properly fix the toilet.
If tightening the bolts doesn’t resolve the issue, there could be another problem with your toilet. Get professional help so they can check it. A plumber will either repair the toilet or it may be time to get a replacement.
How old is your toilet? If you’ve moved into an older home, it’s likely that the toilet is old. You’ll know that when you keep having problems. Although old toilets can still work, they may not be as efficient as the newer models. If you want to save money, consider calling a professional in Callahan, FL so they can help you install a toilet replacement.
Scratches in your toilets may not affect their efficiency, just their appearance. Some homeowners may decide to just ignore it so long as the toilet still works. Keep in mind that it may be difficult to clean the toilet if it has a lot of scratches. This could be a sign for you to get a new toilet. Consider getting a more efficient one — dual flush toilets can save you money on your utility bills in the long run. Always work with a licensed plumber in the installation of your new toilet.
When there is standing water in the toilet area, there could be cracks in your toilet. You can call a plumber in your area so they can inspect your toilet. If the water is caused by toilet cracks, we would recommend that you replace your toilet right away to avoid other problems.
Minerals in hard water may buildup in the syphon tube or inlet holes of your toilet. This can affect the flow of water, making your toilet efficient. Call a professional so they can check and advise whether it’s time to replace your toilet.
How to Prevent Toilet Problems
There are things you can do to avoid toilet problems and save your money. Below are our helpful tips to prevent issues with your toilets.
- Never use chemical drain cleaners when unclogging your toilet. Professionals will never recommend these types of cleaners as they can damage pipes and are also highly poisonous. Also, they are not a permanent solution. When you have older pipes, they may likely leak because of these chemicals.
- Always fix a running toilet to save water. Some homeowners would either ignore or postpone toilet repair. While it can be a little inconvenient to keep calling professionals to help you fix the toilet, it’s the only way to permanently get rid of the problem. Otherwise, you’ll only get skyrocketing water bills as a running toilet wastes hundreds of gallons of water.
- Use a mild cleaner for maintaining the toilet. We would recommend that you use a mild soap, soap or vinegar solution for cleaning your toilet. Make sure to also regularly clean the toilet to keep it smelling fresh.
- Teach your kids how to properly care for a toilet. Let them know it’s not okay to flush small toys, food, paper napkins or any solid material in the toilet.
- Keep in mind that toilet maintenance can help. Periodically check your toilet for cracks or any damage on the fixture. When you think there is a problem, don’t hesitate to contact a professional so they can help you fix the problem.
- Don’t ignore problems to avoid plumbing emergencies. Some homeowners make the mistake of postponing repairs or maintenance of their plumbing. This can only lead to costly plumbing emergencies. To avoid this, always call for help at the onset of the problem.
- Get regular maintenance for your plumbing system including the toilet. A professional can check if there might be issues with your toilet and can help you resolve it properly.
Contact Bert Norman’s Plumbing
Do you need professional help in Callahan, FL? Our licensed plumbers are experienced and have been helping out several homeowners in your area. We can fix any plumbing-related issue. We can also help with professional installation as well as maintenance of your plumbing system. Call us today for an appointment.